clown?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dewey

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have to clowns in qt tank. Do they eat Brine shrimp? I gave them a little and they seem to spit it out. Do they eat flake?

Thanks Dewey

Clowns will eat meaty foods and most will eat a variety of flake. What were they eating at the LFS?? That is what I would try to feed them.

The fist time I fed my clowns frozen food, they spit it out. They LOVE it now...seems like they just need to get used to it.

It took my clowns some time to eat the brine shrimp but the will after time. At first I would do like what reefrunner69 said and see what they were being feed at the lfs where you got them then, wing them on to what you fell is best for them. 0X

Clownfish in my experience are somewhat slow to acclimate to new tanks regardless of their characteristic hardiness. They gradually start up with new foods, but will do so in their own time. This unlike Angels and Butterflys that often if they don't start eating aggresively on the first day, never will.

Frozen brine seem the be the best 'starter' foods for clowns and most other fish. Other aquarists seem to swear by mysis shrimp, but I find the frozen variety too large for smaller clowns, so I keep the Sally brand always around.

One of my new angels started attacking freeze dried brine shrimp floating on the surface 30minutes after being released into one of my tanks. Now that's a healthy fish.

Back
Top Bottom