clown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Hello,

Does anybody know what kind of clown fish this is in the picture attached?

I currently have

1 clown
1 purple tang
2 damsiels (that I'm trying to catch and give to lfs)
1 goby

I would like to add a small percula clown but don't want my clown to pound on it.

Any info is appreciated.

--Mike

All I can say is it may be a black false percula clown...if it is its obviously almost full grown since it black coloration has almost totally tooken over.

ok.
Do you know if they are agressive towards other clowns?

He does not bother anybody in my tank now.
He has his own anemoe.

I was going to get a false percula and a carpet anome for him.
There's one at the lfs and there already paired up. He's just rather small.
like 1 inch.

--mike

It would be best to get one of the same size, species, and opposite sex. They may or may not pair up and the there could be some issues between two clowns, especially if this one has been in the tank a while and another is introduced at such a later time. Hard to tell from the pics, but it may also be a maroon of some sort. Also, is the clown that's in there now hosting in anything?

Any chance of a better pic?

I was thinking maroon or saddleback, but tough to tell from the pic. Either way in general mixing clowns is not a usually a good idea unless you have a very large system. Multiple clowns of the same species are best to add at the same time when they a juvenials. If it is a maroon I would say defiantely nothing else not even another maroon.

Any chance of trading the one you have to the LFS and getting the type you want?

gotta be a black false percula i had one looked just like it. doesnt seem to have the distinct fins of a maroon clown. I had one in my tank and it lived with a tomato and the tomato was aggresive towards it since the tomato actually stole the black clowns anemone. (unfortunatley lost them along with the rest of my fish in hurricane rita). but he minded his own business. might not be such a good idea to add another one without risking them fighting and we all know false percula dont do good with fighting.

It still looks like a balck false percula..dont know the exact name because thats all ive ever seen them labeled as.

I dont think it's a maroon, they have adifferent body shape somewaht and are more of a maroon color.

after some research Its a saddle back clown.

I don't really want to trade him in. He has his anomoe and I've had him for about 15 months.

Sounds like he does not play well with other clowns.

Thats a bummer, There is a small clown thats paired with a green carpet anome at the LFS that I've been eye balling.

But is they will fight then I'll just have to find something else.

THere in a 110 gal, so there's some room but I don't like any fighting.
Currently everyone gets alone just fine.

What do you all know about Hogfish?

Back
Top Bottom