Clownfish going black please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jonocoombes

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi my clownfish are starting to go black were they were orange is this something to worry about thanks Image1490447829.954130.jpg

Attachments

• Image1490447856.726358.jpg
    Image1490447856.726358.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 309
How long have you had them?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok, are you doing renovations in the home? Loud noises? Dust?

Yes!!! Ive just took down walls and putting new kitchen in, the aquarium is in the wall and covered it fully here is couple pictures what do you think

That tank is gorgeous! Very well done. Love the giant arch in the center of it
As for the clown fish, I'm kind of clueless about it except if your like me and got a black clown cause they start off orange and then turn solid black, but I'm pretty sure that's not the case

It does look excellent!

Thank you! It was a lot of hard work! But happy with it [emoji16][emoji16] that's what I was thinking maybe the fish shop sold me black ones without telling me... is that possible??

Could be, I mean anything can happen. Just really depends on where you got them from really. Higher chances and what not.If it starts Turing fully black then that's exactly what happened. But if he's eating fine and acting fine, I would not worry as long as your parms are in check.

Wicked thank you! They seem very happy and eating well. I'll keep you updated thanks very much for your help

They can also turn darker from age, so if bought a younger one it could be that it's growing into its color or stress can cause them to darken, it could be that cause loud noises and such. So there's two other things that could of happen. But as long as he acting fine, you should be good

Will defiantly keep a eye on them and update you soon [emoji16][emoji16]

Assuming these were tank bred clownfish, I'd look up Amphiprion percula and Amphiprion ocellaris to compare. In the pic you posted, I see an A. percula and not an A. ocellaris which would make those black outlines perfectly normal. When they are young, they don't show the heavier/ thicker black borders to their stripes but ocellaris, at least in wild ones, barely have the black borders at all.
Usually, when there is an effect from an external issue, the fish will show signs from the fins inwards to the body and not just around certain markings.

Hope this helps. (y)

That's great thank you there is so much to learn! Also I don't no if you guys can help.. i was wondering if on corals such as the one below in picture, I can take a cutting off and regrow it on another piece of live rock.. sorry if this sounds silly [emoji28][emoji28]

-----------------

Attachments

• Image1490458135.008430.jpg
    Image1490458135.008430.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 126
Shouldn't be a problem. Just do all the cutting outside the tank. Mushrooms are super resilient. I try killing mine since they grow to fast lol.

Oh kool! Can you help about how I go about this please [emoji1317][emoji1317].. hahha im new to this and I love them! Maybe they will get to much one day [emoji23][emoji23]

Back
Top Bottom