conversion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brian Vartanian

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi, i am going to be converting my freshwater tank into a salt water tank. its a 55 gal with a filters, a aqaue clear hang on, and whisper bio bag hang on. i went to my LFS today and asked the lady there wat i need to do to start out, she said i should buy instand ocean, and some live rocks and then let it sit for 24 hours, then she said to put some damsels in, but i think ill just do the raw shrimp thing. anyways can instant ocean just go right into my tank now? or does it need to be mixed in a bucket or something? and also wat kinda of gravel is good?

Dont use gravel . Use sand. Live sand. 1) Mix salt in rubber maid tote. 2) put sand in clean tank. 3) Add made up salt water and dont forget to check salinity. 4) Add live rock. 5) Cycle tank the fishless way. You are on your way

you may also think about investing in a nice protein skimmer.... and you can just use playsand because it will eventually turn into Live Sand.. HTH

They take the dissolved organics out of your tank. These will feed algeas in your tank. Good or bad

Back
Top Bottom