cycle with mud and bugs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

got bait?

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am starting a 100gal Reef. Is getting of those starter kits for the LS and Fuge that much adventageous? I was looking at IdoPacificSeaFarm.com and they have what looks like to be some nice kits. Worms-bacteria-pods and such in mud. I planned on starting my cycle with 2-3 in SB and 70lb LR and fuge with this stuff first? Won't the Amonia spike kill the worms and other critters or are they pretty tuff since they live in the mud anyways? I have 3 inches LS in a Nano (7mos old) I was going to throw in there as well.

Is getting of those starter kits for the LS and Fuge that much adventageous?

Absolutely. Those kits are great for seeding a SB. I got mine from www.inlandaquatics.com but I have heard good things from IPSF as well.

I planned on starting my cycle with 2-3 in SB and 70lb LR and fuge with this stuff first? Won't the Amonia spike kill the worms and other critters or are they pretty tuff since they live in the mud anyways?

I would wait until after the tank cycles before adding the "bug kits". This is what I did and it worked great.

Back
Top Bottom