EELS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bazza7

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok so what's everyone's views on keeping eels. I think the snowflake and blue ribbon look great.

I have had both and my blue ribbon was great but my snowflake was about 3 feet long and he ate 2 6 inch lion fish and a blue tang and 2 puffers. I kept him very well fed too he was just extremely aggressive.

Not to butt in, I've heard chain link eels are friendly and don't get real big

You could also look into an engineer goby if you are looking for something more comparable. With other tank mates and less of a flight issue. Looks almost like a snowflake eel. I like mine more the than I did my snowflake, and no chance of it wanting to take a chunk out of you either.

Ok. I'll look into engineer goby and see what they're like. Thanks

Trouble is I can't find any in uk. My stockist can't get any. Even on line shops haven't any.

Hey. Got my engineer goby :). Was under a different name here. He's small but really pleased

They turn a spectacular gold and black when they get big. These are in their own class as they are not gobies or blennies. They have no scales. They are a bit hard to raise when little, but become super easy once they have grown up some.

Ha ha. I put him in this afternoon and he's gone into hiding.

Back
Top Bottom