Help with Cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jaws1279

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello I'm doing my first saltwater tank and I'm attempting to cycle the tank. The issue that i have it that my ammonia has not raised passed 0.25ppm and nitrite is 0 nitrate 0. I added 20lbs of live rock and i cleaned it and scrubbed before adding to the tank.

It's been 10 days and no change in ammonia. Temp is 76 deg , pH 8.0 salinity 1023 tank size is 46g. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? or 10 days is not enough time to see it peak?

I thought some of the die off would be a sufficient source of ammonia. Do i need at another source of ammonia?

IS this a fishless cycle? If so, you need to add ammonia. pure ammonia with no additives. Like a teaspoon. I used the fishless cycling for dummies information and tips on fishless cycling here at AA. The information will take you right through and quickly. Of course, you can't use ammonia if you hav e fish in the tank. Hope this helps.

Just a raw shrimp will do. We have an excellent article about it in our SW article section.

Back
Top Bottom