how do i stop fin rott

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lordviporscorpi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a clown fish that gets fin rot and then it will heal after a while then it will get it again. its like a repeating cycle. what should i do.

Poor or lower than optimal water quality will be one reason for the finrot but aggression and improper diet are also contributors. I would not recommend a QT at this point unless the clown developes a heavy bacterial problem. In most cases, improved water quality, high quality enriched foods and eliminating tankmate aggression should clear it up.

Depending on what you feed primarily now, switching to or adding a vitamin booster will help as well as regular weekly water changes to reduce DOC and other polutants...

Cheers
Steve

Besides improving water quality, I've heard MelaFix will help with fin rot. But that is only if you are going to improve the water, because, as with any other med, it treats the immediate problem. The problem will re-occur if the water quality is at issue.

:hat:

Back
Top Bottom