I just picked up a Remora skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

csquare77

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Easy set up, A bit loud, but thats do to the break in period, I'll keep posting back on how it goes in the next few weeks.

Ive read that they are one of the better HOt skimmers around.

I put my Remora Pro on yesterday and within 10 min it was spitting foam up to the top- I raised the cup. Today there is foam inside but not up to the cup. I also expect itwill be a good one.

My remora has been up and running since Monday and I have had very little skim. Water params are great, but it does seem like break in is taking a bit longer. I guess I should be happy that there isn't a bunch of waste in my tank

A bit loud, but thats do to the break in period

Really. Loud compared to what? My seaclone was a frean'n freight train compared to the remora.

I am looking forward to going home and seeing some good foam. Man, that sounded weird.

John

I have a small amount of foam in the cup after only 2 days. Also I had a ? about the surface skimmer and aquac emailed me back in a couple hours. A

Yeah,

After 3 days, I have started to get consistant skiming. I am very happy with it, it looks really cool and works quite nice.

Back
Top Bottom