kgrutzmacher - 120G Reef Build - And So It Begins...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kgrutzmacher

Aquarium Advice Newbie
OK - here we go again. I am migrating from a 75G FOWLR to a 120G reef to see if I can make this work. I've been collecting supplies and accessories from Craig's List and spent the last two week cleaning and reasealing the tank and sanding and staining the top and base.

Things are going well but I think I have too much pump for the tank. I bought a Mag 9.5 based on other threads but when I got it all plumbed - I think I have way too much flow going into the sump / fuge. I temporarily installed my QuietOne 300 from my 75G and it seems to provide the right amount of flow where the water is gently flowing in the fuge. I have one Durso standpipe that I bought used and I made the other as you can see in the photos. The 120G Oceanic tank has two drains and one 3/4 return.

The sump / fuge is only baout 20g - I am thinking I might need something bigger but this is what I have for now. I welcome any comments / suggestions on the flow issue. I am leak testing the tank for a few days until I can get this flow / sump issue figured out.

Attachments

• photo (51).jpg
    photo (51).jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 47
  • tank2-1.jpg
    tank2-1.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 62
  • tank1.JPG
    tank1.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 59
  • tank5.JPG
    tank5.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 76
A few more photos...

One is the final product undergoing the leak test and the other is the flow with the QuietOne3000.

Again - appreciate any comments and suggestions...

Attachments

• tank9.JPG
    tank9.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 95
  • tank6.JPG
    tank6.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 85
Back
Top Bottom