My tank is ready

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnny Cakes

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Okay all, my tank is ready for more stocking. As you can see from my profile, I have the 2 requisite clowns, a peppermint shrimp to take care of a couple of small unwanted anemones, and some various snails and hermits.

My request is this, if this were your ideal tank that will eventually move to a reef setup, what would you stock in it.

I know, I am being lazy, but I thought I'd ask. :oops: If it doesn't work, then hey I tried.

I'd like to take advantage of the added colors that SW fish have over FW.

In other words, I'd like a tank that has some colorful active fish. I'm staying away from damsels b/c I understand they like to take over a tank.

Thanks in advance for any help or recommendations.

i know that tangs are pretty colorful. also, if you have a good pet shop to look at, then you should be able to find just about any color tang that you can imagine. i personally don't have any, but i have seen it suggested before. i also happen to think that angelfish look pretty neat, but i'm not sure how they act with other fish. if you're looking for strictly colorful fish, i would try a tang or two.

I see that u have a maroon and a perc clown. They won't get along too well when they reach their adulthood, i don't think. Other than that, what ur having now is fine.

Ur tank is suitable for alot of fish! Tangs are what i like the most. Very active and colorful, such as regal, yellow, achilles, purple, mimic, etc. If u search them on online stores, ones that are suitable for 75G will be fine in ur 55G. Dwarf angels are good for a 55G too. Only one can be keep in ur tank. They are peaceful toward other peaceful fish. Coloration is awesome, making them a great choice but some individuals will eat/nip corals. It's a 50% chance that a dwarf angel will not be reef safe, so IMO, i wouldn't take that chance since i like my corals ;)

Some other fish that u might like:

Royal gramma
Sixline wrasse
Diamond goby
Clown goby
Firefish

HTH

Back
Top Bottom