New Tank Setup - New to Saltwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
2 months is still very young in a SW tank...I'm telling you take my word for it...I tried it as with many others and 99% of the time it will be BAD lol your tap has phosphates and other minerals that are either not needed or bad for a marine tank

Alright I've been looking at this mineral thing were it takes all the minerals out of it

Idk if any bodys still subed but I was talking with my neighbor and he has about 25 years of marine experience and he told me not to get an RO/DI system cause it makes the water to pure for ALL of the beneficial bacteria. He said it will keep some but not all. So I'm going to lite to him and if my algae gets bad il just get a mollie they eat algae

I would get an ro-di unit but If you didn't wanna do that I would just buy premixed water

That's not true the salt companies have much more research and experience then him no offense and they make sure that your mix will have everything in it to produce the best conditions possible...I've heard of hundreds of problems due to NOT using Ro/Di even some of my own lol but never a problem of to "pure" of water causing issues

The FW tanks on the other hand can not be run on 100% Ro/Di unless given additives or mixed with some tap

Back
Top Bottom