NEW TO THE BOARDS, NEW TO THE REEFS NEED A LITTLE ADVICE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martinc9090

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everybody. I am new to these forums. I just have a couple of questions that I would like to ask. So I want to set up a 20 gallon tank. The only thing that I have right now are 2x65 watt power compact 24inch lights. I'm going to be getting the 20g next Monday.

I want to make a sump/fuge for added water volume to the 20 gallon. And for the fuge I have a 26 gallon tank.

I have successfully set up a 55 and a 120 gallon fowlr. So I'm just going to do all of the work as if I was doing another fish only tank. And once that is done I'll go ahead and begin "reefing" it.

This is a small picture of how I'm planning the fuge/sump to look like.

img_674264_0_c111178d66919a71cd2990d863454828.jpg

Any help. Thanks in advance.
martinc9090

WELCOME TO AA!!

I don't know much about sumps, just wanted to welcome ya! There will be plenty of folks that will be along shortly to help....

I am in the process of planning a sump/fuge system for my 120 gal tank. I would suggest taking the last set of bubble baffles out. You could have one tall baffle at the end (at the beginning of the fuge section) and "t" off your return line so it flows into the fuge. The fuge will overflow and feed back into the return section. Put ball valves so you can control the flow into the fuge as well as the tank. This is the design I am looking into...its basically the same as yours minus the live rock compartment.... http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=53046. Hope this helps!

I have mine go in a direct line from Left to Right I have fuge--- bio balls soon to be LR---- return. That way you dont need 2 feed lines.

Back
Top Bottom