newbie needing help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shannah

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey My names Stephen thought i would sign upto this as before i purchased my tank i was always on here looking for info, Now getting my own tank set up :) After seeing a tone of saltwater tanks n thinking there were cracking i decided to get myself one. baught all the kit at the weekend 65 litre tank with sand and filter and heater and also added a powehead too, I washed the sand before putting in the tank sorted out the temp and saltwater mix also and added some live rock, this was all done yesterday last night the tank was crystal clear looked really good, I got up this morning and the tank was a bit cloudy, been to work and back and the tank is even cloudier now! I know from doing the research that when the tank starts its cycle it can get cloudy but i didnt think the cycle would kick start so fast? Does anyone think i have a prob with the tank? Or am i being a worrier?

Welcome to AA! You might want to post this in the saltwater beginner section, you will get more responses. :)

By the way, I am super jealous that you live in Scotland.

The cloudy water will clear up on its own. What your experiencing is a bacterial bloom. This is caused by the die off from your LR and the creation of bacteria that will be the back bone of your system. No need to worry about it, it might even smell funny too but thats also normal. Welcome to AA! ;)

Back
Top Bottom