Offer I could not refuse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tank2379

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well I guess I might of rushed into getting LR but it was an offer i could not refuse I was browsing on Craigslist this Morning minding my own business and I saw a fellow getting ride of a bow front 72gallon reef Tank for $500 with everything. He was moving on Saturday and i contacted him just asking how much he would want for his LR for. He replied I have 100+LB's of rock and you can come over and get whatever you need at whatever price right now you want it at...... I was like are you serious? He was like yep.... He says he was moving and just tired of moving the tank with him so right now he's got to be out by the 30th of August so basically if he didn't get rid of it it was all going into the garabge so I took a tote full of LR rock for $50 He still has more and 2 clown fish he said he's gotten more people wanting LR so if they didn't come by this weekend to pick it up he would give me the rest for free..... I told him well i hate to see you throw it all away especially if it's fully cured and been in your tank for about 3 years.... I probably picked up about 50LB of LR just about with all kind of critters on it right now i counted around 7 Hermits and about 4 snails..... The LR got all kind of soft corals gowing on it other stuff... I believe he said it all was Fiji Rock..... And he also gave me a Whoe Bucket of IO.... Let me know what you guys think should I have waited on getting LR do I still have to cycle??? and the rocks was only out of the water for about 10 mins he live pretty much righ around the corner from me..... :bowl::bowl::bowl::bowl::bowl::bowl: Oh and I know the windows i'm covering it up tonight so not all the ambient light is shining thru....

Attachments

• IMG_0942.jpg
    IMG_0942.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0944.jpg
    IMG_0944.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0952.jpg
    IMG_0952.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0953.jpg
    IMG_0953.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 91
Wow, what a great deal! That looks like some good rock. If you get about another 50 Lbs of it this weekend you may not have to fully cycle your tank.

Yeah I know.... And I was like man 6-8 LBS isn't going to be enough I was getting ready to transfer more money from my savings and buy $250 dollars worth.... But i saw that and i was like WOW.... I couldn't pass this up.... His Bow Front was Awesome and Beautiful.... His Percula Clown Had so much color.... They looked so happy...

Feeding my little Critters

What should I feed my Critters since I have a few? :hat:

Since it is a new tank, you can probably throw in very small pieces of your raw shrimp.

That is some seriously beautiful rock. I hope someday when I finally get a SW tank I can find rock that pretty.

Yes, you should be checking them every few days.

Check the water first and give us some numbers.

Ammonia: 0.0 PPM
Nitrate: 0.0 PPM
Nitrite 0.0 PPM
PH 8.2
Water Temp: 80.6 degress

Alright Thank Roka? Should I worried about my critter eatng it?? I will have it in a Mesh Bag? Should I put 2 or 1?

I would start with 1 and check your water in about 4 days. If you don't see ammonia, you may have enough beneficial bacteria already.

Back
Top Bottom