Refugium in filters media basket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cameron6796

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ive heard of people doing refugiums inside there filter where they would usually have there media basket but im pretty sure the filter i would be using isn't large enough to do this if it was what would i need to do

Yeah I tried asking the same thing on here but didn't get any responses as far as using hob filter for a refugium. I've done some research on it and I think the aquaclear filters are the way to go. They sell a mod for the filters on the Intank website but its a lil pricey and I'm more of DIY person anyways. All you need besides the filter is a lil live rock rubble some chaeto and a light that can sustain the algae. Intank also sells a lil submersible light that's perfect for it but u need to silicone the base of the light cause the seal on it ain't great. After that u can seed it with some pods and just give it a lil time. Look up aquaclear filter refugium on YouTube and u will see what I mean.

Ok thank you and yeah i figured i wouldn't get many good responses but thanks

Back
Top Bottom