reverse osismos units?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clownface

Aquarium Advice Regular
this question may be dumb but i went to the auction site and thay have units for drinking and reef units for water, if i buy a ro,di unit from home depot it has got to be the same thing, and if anybody wants to pass on what unit they have and if they like it.i am on a well and the water sucks so i have to go and get my water

A RO/DI unit is a RO/DI unit. Like cars, price and quality varies. You can either opt for an old beat up chevy or go for the Lamborghini. Everything is a matter of personal preferences and the thickness of your wallet. :wink: The units sold at the links provided by tecwizard look like fairly good quality to me. The final decision is yours. HTH

8)

I recommend getting the filterdirect one with the drinking water kit. you don't need it for the fish, but it's damn nice having a tap off the RO (before the DI) with a pressure tank and a faucet. Water tastes great, and I've saved a ton over the cost of crappy britta type filters. I have had the filterdirect 6100 for a year now. no complaints. was around 135 shipped. I think they're a touch more now, maybe 150.

I am on a Well to and the RO at home Depot work good for fresh water. I know this because my In-Law have it. So I would guess it would be just as good for salt. They had it for a year. I got mine from ebay hoping the filter at Home depot work for mine. I don't want to have to keep ordering mine from the net.

Get the one from filter-direct, If you order that one the 100gpd, tell them you want the Dow 75gpd instead. Its better, the 100gpd doesnt take everything out and leaks sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom