Sniperhank's UPGRADED 55 gal Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really. I lost power early this morning, but I was told it came back on at 9. Feel this is a real wussy storm. Still need some battery powered pumps invade it goes again since a stiff deer fart will knock my power out.

Well, power was out for probably 5 hours. Here is the after effects... heavy tissue loss on some, bleaching on others. These guys were the only ones that were effected heavily.
img_2181382_0_67b546a59ad6d9ff879bced804a53c2e.jpg

img_2181382_1_c53c5d8544991f42ad46ca0494574e1c.jpg

img_2181382_2_97b6d27e517a29c948ff02df02c50038.jpg

img_2181382_3_e5a67cbd2d8b5ec5cc52fe343e79e16a.jpg

img_2181382_4_628c81cfac2c67e9526e4262beb0fc3a.jpg

Sorry to hear bud but I bet they pull through with no problem ;)

I'm sure they'll pull through, corals are really hardy if the right conditions are met. I never lost power, but we aren't done yet.. Luckily I'm connected to the main power grid or whatever so I don't lose power very often at all.

I'm on the main power grid too. Up here that consists of 2 deer with tin foil on their antlers...

It is so sad though...my pink/green damicornis has maybe 10 polyps...it always looked like it was fuzzy...it is so sad.

Well you can ask Adam. He gave me a birdsnest that had major tissue recession about two months ago and today it looks amazing :) .. so I bet in a month or two you'll never be able to tell it happened.

Can't get my sump up and running...the return pump is fine, the stupid overflow won't get the air bubble out of it. So for the time being the aqualifter is just pulling water straight from the tank into the overflow rather than preventing loss of siphon, since i can't get it to return. My orange monti is probably dead. white and algae starting to grow over it. Frustration continues.

Sniperhank said:
Can't get my sump up and running...the return pump is fine, the stupid overflow won't get the air bubble out of it. So for the time being the aqualifter is just pulling water straight from the tank into the overflow rather than preventing loss of siphon, since i can't get it to return. My orange monti is probably dead. white and algae starting to grow over it. Frustration continues.

It would be a good idea to keep the aqualifter in there all the time, it will prevent floods ( I've had It happen, thank god I have it in a basement)

Starting a sump is always a pain, but once it's running you'll love it, I promise lol.

On the siphon? If that's the case, maybe clean the siphon a couple times a month, I have to do that. Algae restricts a lot of flow and it will latch on to small bubbles that would normally pass through.

I'm aware. I already cleaned it which is the more frustrating part. I even regularly take a paperclip to clean out the tube for the aqualifter, since nothing else will fit in there. That usually does the trick to get the algae cleaned out...so that isn't it. The lifter isn't the issue either, it moved water when I placed the intake into the tank. Work in progress I guess.

I had to position my over flow at a slant to keep the little air bubble away from the air tube. When I added my second take I couldn't figure out why my old tank all of a sudden kept loosing siphon. Try increasing your flow from the return

Tried increasing the flow from the return...thats how I almost overflowed it. 2 days and can't get any flow through the overflow at all. Going to take it all apart when I get home from work. I threw a fit about it during dinner at my parent's home last night so maybe I'll have a drilled tank for xmas? Lol, I'd be the happiest man on earth. All of these power outages have created issues with getting siphon started back up and murdered my sps...a new drilled tank would let me make my own stand and canopy with the addition of battery backups and my issues would be gone.

Keep throwing fits about it and how much easier a ore drilled tank will be!

I'm sorry about your coral loss and that the thing won't work right. You'll get it figured out soon!

Haven't been able to find time to reboot the overflow since I worked 12 hours yesterday. Besides planting a seed about a drilled tank, I looked up a 100 long from glasscages and the price is much better than I thought it would be. So that might be the future project...just no room currently in my house LOL. But I've been daydreaming about a new tank and building a nice stand and having everything nice and neat under the tank...would be so much better since having it behind the tank is a TON of noise and I have cords everywhere. Oh to daydream...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom