Sniperhank's UPGRADED 55 gal Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I might fail at coral right now, but fish I can do. I found a small Xenia frag in their tank. It was obviously a seed dropped from when they actually had some in there for sale. I asked them how much it was and they told me 30 bucks. Again, I almost laughed. There was nothing to it, I was thinking closer to 10.

Nice clowns, the black and whites are one of favourites. I would really love a lightning maroon but at $2500 dollars I'll pass lol. I'm hoping to get picassos myself.

img_1923476_0_566bb8f9e5abc817cc6b38cf97a2f968.jpg

img_1923476_1_a83601d8d54fb6f2a69e0fc7e1558f93.jpg

Sniperhank said:
Thanks. I might fail at coral right now, but fish I can do. I found a small Xenia frag in their tank. It was obviously a seed dropped from when they actually had some in there for sale. I asked them how much it was and they told me 30 bucks. Again, I almost laughed. There was nothing to it, I was thinking closer to 10.

I hate my xenia if u want some or most if mine u can have it for free. Just pay shipping

I'll have to keep that in mind. I spent 1k today on pets...think I need to hold off. But after my dog getting all her shots, she has been very sedate so I can work on my tank in peace.

Came home today and...dear lord...the diatoms have def bloomed. I know it always happens, but I'm not taking any pictures of my tank anytime soon that's for sure. My shipment from saltwaterfish.com came. I called them and said I can only get shipments Tues/Thurs cuz of work. They called back and had it here to me today. They are great. Anyway, here are some pics of my stuff in the bags. I also got another giant star snail, 20 turbos, a scroll coral, 2 green ricordeas, and a Duncanopsammia.

Free Cleaner Clam
img_1924716_0_3b10d58061d3624b7d07b62fb5db6b55.jpg

Red Moon Snail
img_1924716_1_c2789611e8f1f617b9ec0d2f7094a29d.jpg

Tiger Pistol Shrimp
img_1924716_2_4574c517ccb2ee489869faef01fe8f4a.jpg

Bumble Bee Goby
img_1924716_3_e64fd7001d06abc41990905dca355654.jpg

I glued the green rics to a real piece of rock. For being the coral that was out of water for like...10 minutes...they have opened up and are in full bloom. Duncan hasn't come out yet, will move it tomorrow if it hasn't yet. Chalice is looking good, i think...
I also found my emerald crab today, I had forgot he snuck into the tank.

Came home from work. Snails still havent moved...one or 2 had but not far. Duncan not open...moved it and the scroll into the 36. Have a big thunderstorm here so i just checked my tanks. The duncan now looks normal! Tentacles will be out in the morning. Anyone have a clue here? Im at a total loss as to what would cause lps and snails to act like this and not effect softies, fish, crabs, and shrimp

Don't know if anyone is still following this disaster or not. The duncans didn't open up like I was hoping. So all that are left from my order are the scroll, duncan, and rics. Even all the snails are dead. Every single test has come up with nothing. Says my water is perfect. So perfect that my tank was so over run with cyano I had to siphon the entire sandbed and take all the rocks out to scrub it off. Sigh.

On a good note, my 50 lbs of LR came from saltwaterfish.com today. I was expecting what I got last time, even though FedEx trashed that box. I opened it up and my jaw dropped. It was amazing rock. It was covered with all kinds of stuff. Macro algaes and some other stuff I'm not even sure what it is.

img_1927523_0_fbad689d0216c9cebd2307d2d0c68d37.jpg

I have it all in a keggerator with a heater and powerhead. Can't wait to mess around with it. It will give me time to figure out what is wrong with my water. Going to not only change the filters in my RO/DI, but also the filter that comes into my house and see if that helps anything. If that doesn't do it, I'm lost.

I like the rock! I'm sorry you have a tank of death. I know the feeling. It seems like all the fish I put in my freshwater tank die. I've got some in there now that must have good strong genes... I can't figure out what the deal is with my tank. Let us know how the rock work turns out. Are the clowns doing well?

The clowns are doing great. I got home today and was showing my tank off...and the royal gramma was picking on them. Another example of me having one that doesn't hide in the rocks all day like everyone else seems too. That was of course unacceptable. Back into the 36 he went.

Also, just installed a Marineland Maxi-jet 1200. Say hello to 300 more GPH. Not quite sure why it needs an airline on it, but whatever. This should give me more flow as I battle the cyano problem.

Once my new LR is done curing, the return pump that I have in it, which was my old sump return, will once again see life in my sump. I'll be attaching it to my dual reactor as it is barely getting any flow. Just cap off the T section and use the ball valve already on the return to get the flow through the reactor I want.

You treat it like you would cycle your tank. It is in a keggerator in my kitchen w/ a pump and heater hearing it to 80 degrees. Heated that high to help it move along.

Im apparently forgetting everything today. Got more powerstrips at walmart. This is letting me have the new powerhead and my uv sterilizer is back in action in my sump.

Also considering the slow trickle flow out of my t section...if i replace my aqueon sump with an old terrarium i have i will have much more room for things...like maybe a diy algae scrubber! I would love some feedback on this since i have a fuge and dual reactor already going on the setup. I was talking my tank issie over witj a guy in erie and he believes my tank setup is overkill...would a scrubber be overkill? Im enjoying this project again and more diy would be great i think. Though with the led on the fuge and lights on a scrubber, id have to get some sort of blind so it isnt always so bright...maybe just enclose the scrubber since the led isnt noticeable.

Oh, added red slime remover. Thatll fix the look while i address the underlying issues. Increased oxygen into my tank with the marineland ph since it suggested more o2. Heres hoping!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom