So is this a good deal on craigslist?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GIES2525

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So i am thinking about upgrading to a Saltwater tank, and i am very new with the whole thing. So ive been looking around Craigslist for a few months to see if i could find a bargain one. And i came across this setup, for 350.00. Do you think its a good setup for a newbie?

75 Gallon Aquarium:
- 75 Gallon Aquarium
- Drilled with overflow kit
- Custom built oak stand (extra tall for better viewing)
- Wet/dry filter w/ 1000gph pump
- Float valve (for automatic top-off -- very nice feature!)
- Heater
- Denitrator
- Polishing filter
- Misc air pumps, power heads, etc.
- Fish, live rock, and protein skimmer not included
Here is the actual post he has up: :75 Gallon Saltwater Fish Tank Setup (many accessories!)

Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

IMO $350 is pretty close. The ad says $500 which is over the top. Expect to spend another $150 or so for the skimmer and maybe another $300 + for the rock (cured @ $3/lb which is prob low).

I picked up my 120 gallon with stand, sump, overflow, lights, heater. bioballs, etc. for $200.00.

NOT as pretty as the one you are looking at though.

Wow, thats a darn good deal. I havent even seen a plan 120 gallon tank for cheaper then that. And thats with nothing but the actual tank itself...

Wow, thats a darn good deal. I havent even seen a plan 120 gallon tank for cheaper then that. And thats with nothing but the actual tank itself...

Yeah, I got really lucky.
The guy listed it on Ebay, and he was actually only 10 miles from my house. (west texas.. middle of nowhere)

I had been searching months for a tank that size, and all the ones that were on EBAY were pick up only and were always 1000s of miles away.

Imagine my surprise when I got stuck at work late one night, and found that one closing on eBay in 37 minutes. Sweet!

BTW - A new 75 gallon tank at Petsmart sells for $205.00 in my town, and the stand can built for about 50 or bought for about 100.

Just a thought. Maybe you can talk him down. $250.00 sounds fair to me.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom