Starting a 5000 gal aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a 20,000 gallon inground pool but stupid me went and bought a aquarium.
WHO KNEW?

Hey Brenden - You can always use your 525g as a sump or refugium when you convert your pool to SW. :lol:

Mike

I already bought a AquaC EV1000 for the 525 gal. Now I need a deal on 100,000 watts of MH lights to finish the pool.

You would need your own independent transformer! 8O I would hate to pay that electric bill when it comes in.

Mike

You can always dig an underground viewing area and charge an entrance fee for your masterpiece. Or you could just spend the money on a yacht and live on the ocean.

Bottom line...

Its doable, but EXPENSIVE.

If you cant get SW from the ocean I wouldnt do it. It would take you all day just to do a waterchange anyways (Waiting for it to drain a little while, and then mixing tons of salt)

This post reminds me of a friend who kept trying to take pictures of large whitetail buck deer. He spent lots of money on corn, apples, etc trying to lure them to where his camera was. One day he was complaining about all the money he had spent but with not very good results do to the deer being to far away to get high quality pics. My suggestion was to get a skin from someone who had recently shot one and spray doe in heat scent all over him and drape the hid over him for some really good CLOSE-UPS of some large bucks in action. Moral of this story is:
instead of wasting all that money on a pool conversion go buy a nice scuba suit and jump in the ocean because if you spend all that money on that pool you are just going to end up with a sore a$$.

yep, i would just buy a house in the carribean and dive if i wanted to spend that kind of money! speaking of diving or snorkeling...anyone done much of it? I went snorkeling in Guam a few times and saw some amazing creatures. probably one of my most memorable experiences!

Perhaps you make a new thread about snorkling, dont hijack this thread.

I will have to agree with msamsonz28
Not much to hijack here.
PS I snorkeled in Aruba, Bahamas, and Hawaii. Hawaii was by far the best. Had local friends went to all the best spots not known about for over 3 weeks

thought i should add that the "fantasy suggestions" are interesting and i've had fun reading them! didn't mean to sound like i was flaming anyone :)

Back
Top Bottom