Stocking a 180 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

moog24

Aquarium Advice Activist
Look for a few ideas on fish to out into my 180 gallon tank. I have live rock and corals so must be reef compatible with them. Look for a fish that gets at least 1'

Sent from my XT1585 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That size tank is always good for Tangs. Maybe a Yellow, yellow eyed kole and scopus tangs.

6218-albums6891-picture31662.jpg

Last edited:
Yea I was thinking the powder blue tang, just don't know how many fish I should get. I'd like to keep it 12 gallons per fish just to be safe.

You really cant go by the gallons per fish as it all depends on the fish. If they are a messy eater it would be less fish you could have because of the excessive nutrients they would put in the tank.

did some research and found that I like the powder tang, foxface and a butterfly. I'd probably add some smaller fish and those will do it for big fish

Butterfly in general should stay in the ocean. Many are hard to keep due to being easily stressed and they stop eating.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That hard to keep alive huh???

Many are, but not all. The copperband is the most well know for the difficulties I stated previously and one of the many fish that simply belong in the sea. Just research very carefully.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks for the advice!

Back
Top Bottom