Stocking options

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KantGetRite

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I had a 50g fall into my lap and so I'm going to transfer the contents of my 20g long into it. I need some stocking help.

This is what I have:

Royal Gramma Basslet
Purple Firefish
Sixline Wrasse

I want a green mandarin and maybe a pretty angle (coral beauty)

Help me with some full stocking options that I can use.

A mandi and wrasse are going to be tough to do together in that size tank as the wrasse will out compete the mandi for pods.

A mandi and wrasse are going to be tough to do together in that size tank as the wrasse will out compete the mandi for pods.

Agreed.

I would consider a Pygmy Angel (Flameback or cherub) over a dwarf for a 50g.

Other ideas...fairy wrasse, clowns, flame hawk, long nose hawk, maybe a small puffer (Valentini, spotted )?

How do I get pods to start propagating in my tanks? Do I need to introduce some? And I'll get rid of the wrasse if it becomes a problem. The mandarin is what I really want. It's far to cool of a fish not to get if I can successfully keep it

You would be adding them monthly if you did not have a sump / refugium where they could live and multiply. If you can get it to eat frozen food, you are good, but that is a big "if". Most die of starvation. Cool fish, terrible survival rates.

I am going to turn the 20g long into a sump/refugium....not really wanting to silicone baffles into it though....any good ideas for what I should do

Ok, so what other types of fish would be colorful and active and get along that I could add with current stock>

Ok, current stock is:

Royal Gramma Basslet
Sixline Wrasse
Coral Beauty Angel
Purple Firefish

Want:
Green Mandarin
Flasher Wrasse

Any other options? Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom