Talk to me about Kenya Tree corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BonnieC

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I got my first coral the other day, a Kenya Tree. It seemed to be doing well though one minute it would open up and the next minute scrunched closed...I assume it' s normal for them to randomly open and close?

How hardy are they to being touched? I had to remove it to take out a piece of LR for some aptasia removal. When I put the LR back, I couldnt find the same hole I had it wedged in so just found a new one. This morning, the coral had fallen and was laying in the sand. Might have been the turbo snail moving it or I might just have not wedged it in right. So I picked it up and put it in another hole.

I'd like to glue it down with some superglue gel and putty. But I have a light being shipped and once that light goes up, Ill need to move the coral down. Anyway, it's being handled an awful lot. Im just wondering if they can take that.

Kenya Tree Coral

Seems to be a pretty hardy coral coral. It should be OK. I personally think you should not handle it that much though. Just what you need to and then leave it where it is. Corals were not made to handle. But I understand.

Back
Top Bottom