Tom's 55G Saltwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The tank looks so much better with the new lights man. Looking Good!! What's with the door behind the tank though?

The tank looks so much better with the new lights man. Looking Good!! What's with the door behind the tank though?

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate it. When I placed my tank in my room that was really the only spot to put it. I have a small walk-in closet for my bedroom. It has 2 doors 1 on each side of the wall. I never used that door to get into my closet because I never needed that much room. So I just have it blocked. It didn't look that bad w/ the t5s but the leds are a lot brighter so the white door pops in cameras. But, it doesn't look bad in person. But I wish I either color matched the door the the wood panel walls or put the tank in another spot - I didn't think I'd get so into this hobby.

Gotta figure out this camera but here are a couple pics that didn't come out TOO bad.

Attachments

• IMG_8017.jpg
    IMG_8017.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_8025.jpg
    IMG_8025.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_8029.jpg
    IMG_8029.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_8034.jpg
    IMG_8034.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 67
some more

Attachments

• IMG_8035.jpg
    IMG_8035.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_8045.jpg
    IMG_8045.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_8046.jpg
    IMG_8046.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_8048.jpg
    IMG_8048.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 76
my Duncan is looking pretty sad. I just can't find anywhere to stick him on rocks so the 2 heads can grow. 1 head always falls into the sand. I'm going to have to figure out how to mount my corals onto the rocks bc I wanna get my frogspawn off the sandbed too - but that's on a plug.

Thanks. My bubble is my favorite. I have a small frogspawn that I'm trying to grow - thats runner up. Just gotta get it off the sandbed ... Or do I? It's in a low flow area

if it likes it leave it that's how I look at it it will always look it's best where it's the happiest
and I like it where it sits looks like it belongs there

I feel like it can open up more. Some of the tentacles/arms whatever you would call them brush up on the sand. Well see ... Going to make a DIY screen top like they sell on brs hopefully this weekend. Will list parts and pics as I figure it out

Awesome stuff here. What are those power heads called? I'm thinking about getting some for my tank. My tank is a 30 long. Pretty much same dimensions except for the height.

They are the Hydor Koralia 750's I got them off amazon. I have 1 on each side of the tank facing each other. Then I have 2 Aqueon 250's as well to try and get rid of some dead spots. 1 is on the back wall under the overflow box towards the left and facing the front of the tank. The other is on the right wall all the way down at the bottom facing the left side of the tank.

They are both a little crooked. It is really hard to get them perfectly straight. I used a piece of fishing line to keep them togethera nd from swaying

yes there a pain getting perfectly straight
anyway I was messing with you because the tanks behind you
getting you to turn around than wonder how I saw them crooked lol

So I attempted to make one of those DIY screen tops for my tank. It came out pretty good for a first attempt. Not as clean looking as I would of liked it to look. So far I only have the frame done. I forgot to get the spline when I was at home depot but I got the roller, frame and netting. The plastic black netting I got was basically the only one they had. The square holes in the netting are the same exact size of the white egg crate. I have researched to get atleast 1/4'' netting but I don't know where to get it. BRS sells white/clear netting but I want black. Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom