Un5tab1e's first reef adventure.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Following - trying to learn about corals and such, that's my next step!

Sent from my iPhone.

I'll set up a photobucket later tonight...alyxandria thanks for following but, listen to the advice bribo,bigred and such give me because I am very new to this also. Added a cherub angel about three weeks ago after trading in the tomato clowns. So far all it's touched is algae and hasn't bothered any coral.

New items added today. Pics later. Purple maroon favia, purplish favia, Armor of God colony and a yellow diamond goby.

Sent from my One M8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Finally seen the watchman eat yesterday. Found ZOA pox on my blue eyed monsters.. Probably have to let them go. Hopefully it doesn't spread to the other colonies

Though I can't confirm, I have read about success with treating with vitamin C and simply moving them into a new tank with fresh saltwater. Could give it a try. Sorry bout the pox.

Though I can't confirm, I have read about success with treating with vitamin C and simply moving them into a new tank with fresh saltwater. Could give it a try. Sorry bout the pox.

i have had success with using tweezers and pulling the pox off, gently of course just getting the pox and pulling the white out. Then dipping and putting back in the tank after a rinse.

I've had trouble out of this frag since it got delivered. The last month though it straightened up. Opened nicely and started to spread. So far its the only coral I've not had luck with.

Should I upgrade from my 29 tall to a 46 bow front? Suggestions please. Friend has it with nice stand for 40 bucks.

You know what they say, "Bigger is always better". Sounds like a good deal to me. What is the possibly of going even bigger than 46BF?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

40b was what I'd been wanting. But with stand and all the bf sounds good

I go for it then. Just be sure to clean it well. Good luck!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Friend just brought me my bow front. Its smaller than I thought. 36 bow front. Serial on the stand is aqueon 2009. From that catalog it seems the front is tempered but,the back should be drillable.

OK so I need advice..Herbie or bean animal. If bean where do I get a coast to coast. Also how much is this center brace going to affect my lighting? It's a couple inches wide :(. I can't afford another ATM.

Decided not to drill. Instead I'll probably do a diy overflow later. Added 40 pounds of agronite and 10 gallon rodi. I'll have to get the rest in the morning. Hopefully the live rock straight from my 29 will make the cycle short.

what light were you thinking. I doubt it would make that big of a difference

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom