What have I done....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I used 18 inch hanging flower pot brackets little guy huh 10 x 12 pretty good size

That's more a medium guy I guess. the "empty"hob with purigen and phos gard? Can't hurt right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

nice part is these don't throw out a glare into the room like my old ones those needed a light shield
light goes into tank where its directed

I have a hob just for more top agitation its filled with rubble
no that will work I put mine though the sump towers I set up almost like a canister set up

Need so much rock... so much more rock..

Attachments

• 1488244301833.jpg
    1488244301833.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 41
What acts as mechanical filtration?the rock? I have nothing to trap the poo?? It just gets blended in the flow and taken in by rock?

The rock and sand. I'd add at least one piece of live rock to help seed the tank with beneficial critters as well. Bristle worms and pods are super beneficial for a sw tank

The rock and sand. I'd add at least one piece of live rock to help seed the tank with beneficial critters as well. Bristle worms and pods are super beneficial for a sw tank

That's all live rock?? So said the sales man anyways??

Overtime, all rock will become 'live'...but if it is a piece of rock out of a running system then it will likely have the beneficial critters that bribo is talking about. Personally, I don't think that it is necessary and that a tank can be set up with no seed rock at all. Save some extra so you can spend more on something else on the system IMO.

I agree with hank a system can be done with all dry rock. My 20 gallon was set up that way and is fine. If that came from a running system though that's probably already got some bacteria and live critters in it which is good. Just add some dry rock and scape that bad boy up

Yah.. 10 lbs of live I've already bought and paid for . I'd like to fill in with dry rock.

Last edited:
As mentioned Reefcleaners has always been awesome experience with my orders. He has really nice Rock and very generous with the cleanup crew orders.

Congrats on the new SW tank.

When you have it cycled...Pom Pom Crabs, Sexy Shrimp, Rock Flower Anemone,
60074-albums14535-picture70140.jpg

60074-albums14535-picture70141.jpg

Black (or Green) Codium
60074-albums14535-picture70139.jpg

Super cute, always comes over to say Hi! Where's my snack? Always photo bombs, that's adorable Yellow Clown Goby, he lived with my Clowns, was raised with them and they didn't pay any attention to him, the Royal Gramma never seen again (2 different times tried to add a fish).
60074-albums14535-picture70538.jpg

So my thought would be to add the Clowns after you have the other fish established in the tank. Thinking it was already mentioned, they are apt to be aggressive.

60074-albums14535-picture70568.jpg

Rock Flower Anemone aka Caribbean Rock Flower
60074-albums14597-picture70672.jpg

Ooh so much fun ahead!

If you're looking for a less aggressive purple fish than the dottyback look into a blackcap basslett. They're kinda shy but super purple

Dude!! Sweet!!
You should put a panther grouper in there!
Totally subscribed bro!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

They're better in pairs right ?! :p

Woah... if someone had clued me into the utter amazing of a refractometer I would have gone swimming years ago!! I love this thing.. I'm going to bring it to work tommorow and test my boss, he's the saltiest.. has to be close to dead Sea sg.

Woah... if someone had clued me into the utter amazing of a refractometer I would have gone swimming years ago!! I love this thing.. I'm going to bring it to work tommorow and test my boss, he's the saltiest.. has to be close to dead Sea sg.

They are sweet, I tossed my hygrometer years ago. Make sure it stays calibrated, Rodi should read zero. There is also calibration fluid but I've never bothered.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I zeroed it with my rodi. Tds 14, that's what absolute zero for the tank is anyways.. instructions didn't mention fluid so I'll stick with the source water. Hydrometer was actually spot on but I won't be using it any more.

Back
Top Bottom