What should i add first?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Plecolover18

Aquarium Advice Freak
My 20 gallon reef will be done cycling in a week so I was wondering should I add the coral or the fish first the fish I was thinking about was gonna be a blenny or clowns and with corals I was thinking frogspawn, thanks

Definitely fish first. Add corals after the fish are added in.

I'd try to get a pair of clowns that are used to living together if you are going to add more than one.

What kinds of blennies / clowns were you looking at?

I agree fish first, if you're set on clowns I would definitely go with ocellaris clowns, small tank and those are the smallest clowns that I am aware of.

I would make sure the tank has been running with fish fr a while before adding coral

Just curious I'm setting up my tank as well, soon as my RODI arrives, why do you guys suggest fish first?

I think corals would do much better in an established tank. Also most fish aren't as sensitive to water quality as most corals.

It's a toss up. The corals need some nitrogen in the water for their algaes to consume, and that nitrogen usually comes from fish and fish food. So fish usually goes in first.

Back
Top Bottom