What To Add?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
they do get quite huge!!.... but it does take forever ive got one and had him for about 4yrs now.... bought him when he was about 3" or so and now hes about 5"

It's in a 265g tank, so plenty of room to grow but it'll take forever to get a foot long

Heres the question though.
40 gallon, glass, drilled, reef lights, for 25$

or

55gallon acrylic with overflow for free?

Which do I get????? ;(

What are the dimensions of each? I still wouldn't do the sailfin tang, just stick to the foxface. They are much hardier from what I've seen.

probably.... depending what uve got in it. like a decent skimmer and/or a nice size refugium and consistant weekly water changes.

Okay Ill talk to my buddy tomarrow then. What do I need to do as far as equipment? I need your guys help please.

not really that big on what's the best equipment, but if you can.... somehow fit a refugium and a skimmer in there.

Refugium is probably one of the better filtrations to have... low maintenance and feeds off the bad bacteria.

Skimmer,.... its not essential but definitely worth it. try to look for one minimally for your tank size and nothing less... or if your thinking of an upgrade on the tank or wanting corals then try to look at one for a bit more larger tank than the 55g

For a return pump, minimally look for at least 10x your water capacity, would be better if you look into 15x though.

Not the best info lol but hope it helps

this is my first reef so I would like to spend vary little on this tank and later on I will probably build a much nicer one.

Back
Top Bottom