What to put in this tank?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TomStav

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have an empty 24G JBJ Nano Cube sitting in my garage and would like to make better use of it!

I have experience with SW as my 72G FOLR has been running great for a few years so would like to setup something new...

So does anyone have any ideas for something very different and interesting to house in a 24G. I want it to be SW and as much as I love the idea of seahorses, I don't want to be hatching brine shrimp daily, but something cool along those lines! Also I'm more interested in creatures oppose to corals at this point.

Any ideas would be great!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium

I think frog fishes or snowflake eels are awesome! The frog fish probably would be harder to feed though and harder to come across but some look very cool. Maybe a fu-man chu lion fish?

Thanks for the idea! I love Snowflake eels! But will it not outgrow a 24G? And what would be good tank mates for the eel?

Thanks again!

I've never owned a snowflake eel but when I see them available they never really move in the LFS. They just sit with their heads out of the rock work waiting for food to pass by so I don't see why they would want a lot of space. Just make sure you have an aquascape with lots of hiding. I was told they're reef safe but I wouldn't put it past one to eat a smaller fish. As long as it cant fit in its mouth other fish should be fine. I just wouldn't put any shrimp in the tank that's for sure.

It's a intriguing idea! I will research them tomorrow, thanks for your input!

After some quick research I have found that a 24G is way below the recommended size for a snowflake eel. Mantis shrimp are really cool but as I understand it they would eat snails, and I would love to have snails in there just to keep things clean.

But thanks to both of you for the suggestions, just haven't found the right one yet... Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks,

Tom

Sexy shrimp!! Cute and fun to watch. Need at least 3

I had a snowflake in a 20 long and it loved it, I also had no problems with keeping good water conditions

Back
Top Bottom