Why is Aiptasia bad for my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a lot of aptasia in my tank, 37 gal. I bought 4 peppermint shrimp and they are hiding. I'm hoping they will get used to their new home but I'm ready to start stocking some corals in the tank and want to get rid of these things,at least the big ones. When you say "inject them with..." do you mean with a hypodermic needle or dose them with something in a pipette?

Jill

With a needle but u got to be quick about it bc there gonna want close up. The shrimp will get to work eventually. When did u get them?

joeyswife said:
I have a lot of aptasia in my tank, 37 gal. I bought 4 peppermint shrimp and they are hiding. I'm hoping they will get used to their new home but I'm ready to start stocking some corals in the tank and want to get rid of these things,at least the big ones. When you say "inject them with..." do you mean with a hypodermic needle or dose them with something in a pipette?

Jill

With a needle, but need to be done fast or the aiptasia will hide into the rock, also try using a big needle the ones that come with 5 or 10 ml syringe.

Steve silbernagel said:
Don't use reefs2go lately I've heard bad things on DOA

Thanks for the info, anyway Im in México and they dont ship outside US

You can try removing the rock and then burning them off with a screwdriver that has been heated from a flame but that can be a pain in the you know what. Keep in mind the Copperband Butterfly beside being a difficult fish to keep has to be able to get to the Aptasia.

Steve,
I just got them Saturday. It looks like they ate a lot of small ones last night:dance:
Thanks for the advice!

Jill

Back
Top Bottom