10 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dyl1234

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 20 gallon stocked with 10 guppies 8 males 2 females, 5 neon tetras, 6 ghost shrimp, 2 Cory cats, 5 mystery snails, and a pleco. I was going to move some fish to my new 10 gallon. Which fish should I move?

Ghost shrimp and neon tetra's. But you're still overstocked, especially if that's a common pleco. I suggest maybe upgrading to a 30 gallon? Also, maybe move a few guppies. And a minimum of 4 cory's should be together:)
Not trying to offend you or blame you, just trying to be constructive to help prevent disaster.
Good Luck.

Ghost shrimp and neon tetra's. But you're still overstocked, especially if that's a common pleco. I suggest maybe upgrading to a 30 gallon? Also, maybe move a few guppies. And a minimum of 4 cory's should be together:)
Not trying to offend you or blame you, just trying to be constructive to help prevent disaster.
Good Luck.

I was thinking about getting 2 more Cory's tomorrow and selling back a few guppies to the LFS.

You would have to totally remove the guppies possibly even the tetras to add 2 more of them.

Even the little Cory's that the max size is like 1 to 1.5 in?
Its 2-3 inches usually. It's more about the bio load capacity. 10 guppies is a lot in combination with those other fish. They can create huge bio-load. What type of pleco is it? And what type of cory are these?

You would have to totally remove the guppies possibly even the tetras to add 2 more of them.

That confuses me. So are you saying 4 Cory cats, 6 ghost shrimp, and some mystery snails COMPLETELY stock a 20 gallon tank?

IMO, I would sell all the guppies, get 3 more corys, and get a gourami.

Its 2-3 inches usually. It's more about the bio load capacity. 10 guppies is a lot in combination with those other fish. They can create huge bio-load. What type of pleco is it? And what type of cory are these?

Oh! I didn't know there was a pleco. I don't think any pleco is decent for that tank. I would take that back.

If its a common, it would completely stock your tank.

That confuses me. So are you saying 4 Cory cats, 6 ghost shrimp, and some mystery snails COMPLETELY stock a 20 gallon tank?

IMO, I would sell all the guppies, get 3 more corys, and get a gourami.
No, i was basing my self on the pleco as a temporary house for a common pleco. I wasn't thorough enough in explaining, but i didn't say it would be fully stocked. :)
I was just trying to tell him that he should remove the guppies, and maybe the tetras, to add some more cory's.

Panda Cory and not sure about the pleco it's pinkish colored

And I'm planning on getting rid of the pleco soon since I got mystery snails.

Well, panda cories are dwarf cories. So, if you get rid of your pleco you could probably do

1 dwarf gourami
8 neon tetras
5 panda cories
1 ram

If this is a 20 high instead of long, take off the ram.

Well, panda cories are dwarf cories. So, if you get rid of your pleco you could probably do

1 dwarf gourami
8 neon tetras
5 panda cories
1 ram

If this is a 20 high instead of long, take off the ram.

image-1174573538.jpg

This is my new 10 gallon. I have 3 guppies 1 male 2 females. And 2 mystery snails and 4 ghost shrimp.

1. If there was a male in there, most likely yes

2. It looks like she is, because her gravid spot is a lot darker then other female guppies.

image-1243241351.jpg

Here is a better pic. I think they both are pregnant.

Back
Top Bottom