29 Gallon Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brozzy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi. I'm new to the site and keeping fish in general and was looking for some suggestions. I am currently doing a fishless cycle of a 29 gallon tank and after, I plan on putting in:
8 Panda Corys
8 Silver Hatchet Fish
10 Cardinal Tetras
along with maybe a nerite snail or two.

I've done some research and these should all be compatible as far as pH and temp goes. Are there any temperament issues that could pop up?

I'd also love to do maybe a school of glowlight tetras in there as well, but am afraid I would be pushing it. Would those be able to fit in this tank or would it get overstocked? Or are there any interesting alternatives?

Thanks for any comments or suggestions.

Sounds good, as all the fish are at specific levels and only one species per level, I think you are good, make sure to put a tight lid for those hatchets

you could go with 7 of each and have 7 glolights. otherwise yeah, sounds pretty solid to me. or you could do 6 of each, including the glolights, and get a centerpiece fish like a dwarf gourami

I think six cardinals, cories, hatchets, glow light tetras, and a dwarf gourami is pushing it a bit

Yes, but just because they are nano fish doesn't mean there can be an unlimited amount, and panda cories and hatchets are not that nano

Yes, but just because they are nano fish doesn't mean there can be an unlimited amount, and panda cories and hatchets are not that nano

silver hatchets only get 2" and corydoras pandas 2 1/2 inches. they are all small fish with a small bioload i don't think its an "unlimited" amount

Ps. Silver hatchets can get big, people don't realist it, I have owned a silver the size of a full grown black skirt tetra, marbled hatchets do grow smaller, and 16 schooling fish is not a good idea

Yes but if he lowered his current stock to 6 and added 6 glolights then he would have 3 schools that hung out around the same place. Its possible but I dont recommend it. His stock list now is perfect. He could add a centerpiece piece though. Nothing too big and he would be fine but I would skip the glolights

+ 1 skipping the glow light is good, you can keep the original stock list + a dwarf gourami or Molly or platy if you would like

+ 1 skipping the glow light is good, you can keep the original stock list + a dwarf gourami or Molly or platy if you would like

This Is good too. A male molly woulf get decent size (around 4-6") there are great color variant and differnt types of mollys too. Look up creamsicle lyretail and see what you think. They are very pretty and woulf bring your tank to life

Thanks for the suggestions. I am liking the idea of the dwarf gourami or maybe a pair of bolivian rams? Ideally I would have a pair of a different, bigger fish.

Sorry, but only one dwarf gourami, not only would 2 be pushing it, but they are agressive towards each other

Back
Top Bottom