75 gal (stocking question)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lilly_mae21

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am not new to fish tanks. Just not a 75 gal with a husband saying he wants a Rainbow Shark. We have always have community tanks (mainly Cardinals, different Neons, Angles, Pleco, and cories) in a 55gal. This is the first time he told me a type of fish he wants. So, I need help with what other fish I can have with a Rainbow (will be last fish added along with 2 plecos). We have 11 Black Skirts in right now. We love big groups of fish.
I don't have many plants in there right now. 7 Banana Plants, 1 plant on a log, and 2 Java Ferns. One med piece of Mopani wood. I bought six pieces of wood to make caves (silicone is drying). I will be adding Java Ferns(on their way) onto that to make it feel more secluded for the fish.

Tank Stats:
Reg 75 gal
Black sand
Fluval FX5 (was bought when my husband had dreams of having a 300gal tank where the huge double brick fireplace sat in between the dining and living room.)
Marineland 400w heater (set at 80)
Reg stock light till I can get a plant light
glass covers
Aqueon 21" blue LED flexible bubble wand (lights on timer for 7pm-10:30pm)
I have the light on a timer right now. On 7am-11am, off 11am-4pm, on 4pm-7:15pm. We have tons of natural light during the afternoon that you couldn't really tell the lights were on. We did this with the 55 gal(75gal took its place), it helped with the algae.

plants are not in their permanent spot yet.

That is fine. :) I we have decided on black Skirts, white skirts, and Colombian tetras, two plecos, and the shark. So far the only fish is the 11 black Skirts.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I've been tempted on black skirts. I have black mollies in the tank at the moment and like the colour contrast with other fish.

They are very easy. It took them a day to learn what cover we would be feeding them from. Now every time we go by the tank, they swim to the cover. Reminds me of little puppies begging.

The white skits are very beautiful also. We didn't know about them till we saw them in the LFS. They will be the next fish.

Not that I have seen. Heard the bigger the group, the less likely they will nip. If they did it would be their own kind.

Back
Top Bottom