a stocking challenge anyone? kinda need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
calfishguy said:
I agree IMO you need to go to a 5 gallon if you want more than some shrimp or snails. You could do a 2.5 with a betta though if you want a fish in something small.

2.5 is too small IMO for a betta
No tetras and absolutely no comet goldfish.

And tetras aren't really hardy so if you have no filter heater ect they could die

Well how do grass shrimp go from brackish to fresh?? Because I live by some brackish water where I fish em out and feed them to my saltwater fish so I could get a pair for free until I get RCS

TenaciousTriggerFish said:
Well what the difference from them And the one in the store??

Basically nothing except one is raised on fresh the other brackish

emerald76 said:
Basically nothing except one is raised on fresh the other brackish

Ok... Well would putting em in the freshwater till 2survived be ok? Or atleast try it

Tomorrow morning I will catch a "pair" and see what happens ...,
I have a fifty gallon long tank foot long pleco and tetras and a African butterfly fish would some shrimp be good in there? (after they were in freshwater for a kittle while..)

Pleco has a cave and doesn't leave it much not worried bout him and just went to look for my butterfly and after half an hour search found him on the back ledge of my tank :' ' '( really upset and I think he would be ok cuz he never leaves the top of the water....

The pleco must be active at night when the shrimp aren't so he would most likely have a midnight snack. You could try tho you really don't have anything to lose.

calfishguy said:
The pleco must be active at night when the shrimp aren't so he would most likely have a midnight snack. You could try tho you really don't have anything to lose.

Yeah as long as they won't throw my tank through a loop!!... That's my only fear but if they are in a freshwater for a couple days they should be fine right??

Back
Top Bottom