About to hate rummies!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
eco23 said:
Yay! Awesome looking fish. I'm glad they came around for you :)

Me too!!I really like them( Cross fingers) hoping they don't get any kind of sickness from being so stressed ...

AquaKai said:
Yay they're out and about! They're so cute and schooling:). I love them!!

They are wonderful! I just hope all goes well with them:) this makes week 2 so I guess we are doing pretty good :D

Does anyone know if hikari sinking wafers (spirulina, silkworm, krill ) are ok for the rummynose? They are not interested in the flakes. I feed the sinking wafers to the Cory. Is it ok for them or what kind of food do I need to get them?

Flossie said:
Does anyone know if hikari sinking wafers (spirulina, silkworm, krill ) are ok for the rummynose? They are not interested in the flakes. I feed the sinking wafers to the Cory. Is it ok for them or what kind of food do I need to get them?

I use the Hikari algae wafers to supplement my Otos and Corys. My Bolivian Ram, Danios and Tetras also adore them too. I guess I've got a bunch of vegetarian fish, lol.

eco23 said:
I use the Hikari algae wafers to supplement my Otos and Corys. My Bolivian Ram, Danios and Tetras also adore them too. I guess I've got a bunch of vegetarian fish, lol.

Haha !! I was using the algae wafers but I
Was told the Cory needed more protein...
I feed my pleco the algae wafers ... Whenever my cichlids will share. They LOVE them... So do my goldfish.. Lol

Would u recommend anything else for them ? I've only seen them go for flakes a couple times... They just hide. I'm hoping they'll eat the wafers with the lights out... At least....

They'll come around just like they did with the light. Fish aren't going to starve themselves to death. Eventually they'll get hungry and be at the top of the tank begging for food with everyone else :)

eco23 said:
They'll come around just like they did with the light. Fish aren't going to starve themselves to death. Eventually they'll get hungry and be at the top of the tank begging for food with everyone else :)

Lol ok thanks .. U know I'm just one of those paranoid first mothers ( to rummys ) haha

Believe me when I say I'm just as bad. My 46 gallon is in my bedroom...and I'm counting heads in the morning before I even climb out of the bed, haha!

eco23 said:
Believe me when I say I'm just as bad. My 46 gallon is in my bedroom...and I'm counting heads in the morning before I even climb out of the bed, haha!

Wow... I was hoping I would get better... Lol I guess not!! Ha ha

eco23 said:

Lol....I count heads everytime I look in any of my tanks...
I'm glad they've appeared....they will come around to eating when they're hungry.

I feel so sorry for my rummys when I turn the light on at Least one of them go into shock and do a headstand for a min or two :( I've just been turning the light on playing tough love... Seems like there is a way to keep them from freaking out so bad

Update...

STILL hiding most of the time and noses fade with the light on.... :(( thinking about getting more rummies for
My new 55g later on and moving these guys ( later later ) just an idea

Back
Top Bottom