Angelfish tankmates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Young227

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 36g bowfront that I recent stocked with two angelfish and some cories. Looks kind of boring as they all hide most of the time. Looking for some colorful swimming fish to add without horribly overstocking tank. I was thinking a sunburst or highfin platy or school of Celebes rainbow or rummy nose tetras. Appreciate the feedback.

Attachments

• image-3770149603.jpg
    image-3770149603.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 106
  • image-3030920760.jpg
    image-3030920760.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 127
I have a 36g bowfront that I recent stocked with two angelfish and some cories. Looks kind of boring as they all hide most of the time. Looking for some colorful swimming fish to add without horribly overstocking tank. I was thinking a sunburst or highfin platy or school of Celebes rainbow or rummy nose tetras. Appreciate the feedback.

Rummy nose tetras would be great. Maybe some cardinal tetras, or other species of tetras, danios, and possibly barbs ( fin nippers ) hatchet fish look awesome and stay up by the top. Good luck!

Thanks. I have glofish danios in my kids 10g and they swim around like crazy and chase the neons in with them. Are they a good mix with the angels cuz i do like how active they are

You could add 2 schools of any non-nippy fish. If your talking about the neon colored glofish, no. They are very nippy. I'd add
8 rummynose tetras
8 buenos aired tetras

Thanks. Going to consider the tetras. I like the hatchet fish but would Iike to add some color to the tank as the angels are silver/ blue and the cories blend into the gravel/ sand I have in tank

Thanks. Going to consider the tetras. I like the hatchet fish but would Iike to add some color to the tank as the angels are silver/ blue and the cories blend into the gravel/ sand I have in tank

You could add 12 rummy nose and 6 hatchets. That would look good

Or:

4platy
10rummynose
5 hatchets

That may be over stocked idk.
Does anyone know if having one angel alone will be ok? Because I was planning on also upgrading to this 36g bow while petsmart has a sale on them.

Buenos Aires tetras get much larger than what you see in most stores, and are notorious fin nippers. Aggression increases with size. I'd also avoid Colombian tetras, serpae tetras, emperor tetras, etc for the same reason.

Or: 4platy 10rummynose 5 hatchets That may be over stocked idk. Does anyone know if having one angel alone will be ok? Because I was planning on also upgrading to this 36g bow while petsmart has a sale on them.
Yes, having one angel alone is fine. I have one in my 36 gal. I actually found adding other angels didn't turn out very well, so she's happy to be alone :)

Buenos Aires tetras get much larger than what you see in most stores, and are notorious fin nippers. Aggression increases with size. I'd also avoid Colombian tetras, serpae tetras, emperor tetras, etc for the same reason.

so are the rummynose tetras ok. I was starting to lean towards a school of them

Rummynose tetras are great, but it can be difficult to find healthy ones.

Or:

4platy
10rummynose
5 hatchets

That may be over stocked idk.
Does anyone know if having one angel alone will be ok? Because I was planning on also upgrading to this 36g bow while petsmart has a sale on them.

Using the aqadvisor.com site I'd be overstocked just adding the rummy nose. I don't want to agressively overstock as I am new to this, but do want to add some activity, color to the tank without disrupting the whole thing.

Attachments

• AquStockImage.php.png
    AquStockImage.php.png
    21.4 KB · Views: 60
Using the aqadvisor.com site I'd be overstocked just adding the rummy nose. I don't want to agressively overstock as I am new to this, but do want to add some activity, color to the tank without disrupting the whole thing.

Sorry, didn't realize u had 2 angels. Thought u just had 1.

I strongly disagree that that's overstocked

See what it says without the mystery snails. I have found that site is very conservative about stocking and it seems to overestimate the bioload of things like snails and shrimp.

I don't think that is over stocked, although filigree (bearded) Cory's can reach 4-5 in., larger than most Cory's.

Here is my future complete stock. At the moment i only have the 3 platy 1 angel and 3 Cory's. I have had Tetras, Danios , Platys , Cory's and gourami all work good with angels. As long as the fish are compatible it comes down to personal preference. If your not sure always post up on here and someone will clarify for you. Check out the Germen blue or other dwarf rams, Lots of color and really fun to watch fish that don't get huge.

AquStockImage.php

no stores around here had rummy nose, so I went with a school of bleeding heart tetra. not very colorful but they have added some life to the tank as they swim right out front.

Back
Top Bottom