Best plant fertilizer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jenema

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 10g tank with some giant hygro, corkscrew val (which isn't doing so well), a banana plant, and a moss ball. I'm planning on buying a liquid fertilizer but I'm not sure what the best to get would be. Would I be better off getting root tabs as well?

Sent from my HTCONE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It depends. If you dont have a very powerful light then liquid fertilizers work fine. If you have a powerful light then you should look at mixing dry ferts yourself.

Also, if your light isnt very powerful then tyat is likely why you are having problems with some plants.

What light fixture do you have?

It depends. If you dont have a very powerful light then liquid fertilizers work fine. If you have a powerful light then you should look at mixing dry ferts yourself.

Also, if your light isnt very powerful then tyat is likely why you are having problems with some plants.

What light fixture do you have?

I just have a 15w fixture off of my 5g hex tank that is sitting on top of a glass top. They are growing okay, very little, but I expected that. The corkscrew val is the only not not doing well but I think that's just because my shrimp are eating it.

Sent from my HTCONE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom