Betta Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't but i have some water conditioner that the lady at petsmart says works like stress coat... it's what they put in the water when they bag fish. I squirtted some of that in. I have some melafix... that's all

He's just resting on stuff and laying sideways...then swimming around then acting like he's dying then swimming around... lol My 3 year old nephew has a betta in a one gallon if I can't keep a betta alive.. I give up... LOL

I sure hope so... he is definitely stressed... I mean i know bettas are lazy but this one is just acting like he can't make it... Maybe he's just freaking out bc of the tank. I might have put him in shock with the temp... since the tank is so warm... I didn't have a baggy to float him in and with the drip acclimation i thought it would be okay... I let him set for like an hour... with the drip.
Yeah if he don't make it I may give up... I dunno why I'm having such bad luck. I think I worry way to much. My friend has neons and she don't do water changes and i'm sure she wasn't cycled and as far as I know they are alive... Im trying like crazy and having bad luck.

Sorry about your Betta. :( Unfortunately, IME, how he's acting is not a good sign. The bad part about getting a Betta is you don't get to see how 'healthy' they really are by them being in the cups. You could have just gotten a sick Betta and not realized it until you placed him in your tank.

I do hope he pulls through ok though. It could happen! By all means, don't give up!

just leave the light off and let it rest. where'd you get it from? always inspect the fish thotoughly first b4 you get it.

Sorry about your Betta. :( Unfortunately, IME, how he's acting is not a good sign. The bad part about getting a Betta is you don't get to see how 'healthy' they really are by them being in the cups. You could have just gotten a sick Betta and not realized it until you placed him in your tank.

I do hope he pulls through ok though. It could happen! By all means, don't give up!

Thanks McLumpy :( I think he is acting crazy... I hope it isn't anything that ive done wrong.... He does look like he has a little buldge maybe? Idk...it was rough getting him here in that little cup... and I didn't float him cause I drip acclimated him for about an hour so i figured everything was okay. I have another fish in the tank ( Pleco UGH) he's been fine... so idk...

just leave the light off and let it rest. where'd you get it from? always inspect the fish thotoughly first b4 you get it.

I got him from petco. they have a 15 day warranty... I just hope I haven't done anything to him :( I poured him into the net from the cup and he didn't want to go so that was stressful too... :(

i did that too but if it dies it's there fault not yours

thanks allaboutfish. I feel like I'm' about 2yrs old and learning the circle of life.:( I was about to cry over him bc he was acting weird... he's kind of swimming around now... now he's laying against the glass... crazy fish!

reminds me of when nacho needed over the fence and escilido says " i cannot lift you...youre to faaaat " haha

oh yeah... btw... he started floating sideways in the cup so i tried to get him in the tank quickly... Idk if the PH was too much for him or what...

Back
Top Bottom