cycle question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fredenj

Aquarium Advice Regular
Is it possible my 5 gallon tank could've cycled in only a few days? I've been feeding it, the gravel has been used previously, and I used bacteria supplement. I'm getting slight nitrate readings and no nitrites, my test kit doesn't test for ammonia but I am going to take a sample to the store to see what they think.

Instant Tank Cycling

Is it possible my 5 gallon tank could've cycled in only a few days? I've been feeding it, the gravel has been used previously, and I used bacteria supplement. I'm getting slight nitrate readings and no nitrites, my test kit doesn't test for ammonia but I am going to take a sample to the store to see what they think.

Hello fred...

Why not cycle the tank instantly. Go to your local pet store and ask them for the used filter media from one of their fish tanks. Keep the media moist and take it home right away and put it into the filter in your 5 G. Instant tank cycling. The media just has to be from a tank the same size or larger than yours.

B

but would I need to watch out every single time I replace the filter pad? It's a top fin 10. Can I get used gravel and will that do the same thing? Should I get a higher gravel bed for bacteria since it's just a 5?

Back
Top Bottom