Cycling but going out of town!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

willikris

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all! I'm cycling my first 20 gal tank! Fish less cycle ofcourse...I am about 5 weeks in. My ammonia is being processed back to zero daily and am currently waiting on my nitrites to drop. Nitrates are present. I have the heater on, bubbles going...everything I can do to speed up the process except seeded material....didn't have any access to that!

Ok...so here's my issue. I'm dosing daily with ammonia. If I leave for two days (no one available to stop over and do it for me) am I going to stall/restart my cycle??? I've read all about the raw shrimp business...but was really just wondering if everything will be ok for 2 days. Let me know!!! Thanks all :)

Hi, I just finished my nitrogen cycle two days ago, so i know how you feel :) I really don't think that anything will happen in the time you are gone. The nitrogen cycle will happen no matter what,the nitrogen cycle is inevitable. I think it could stall, but it will pick up again :) Hope this helped!

2 days should be ok, not sure if this works but whenever i go out of town during a cycle i always just dose double what ive been dosing, for a 20g that would be 6-7 mls, or 8ppm. The bacteria can def live for 2 days without a food source. But i like to make sure by as i said, dose double.

Back
Top Bottom