Cycling looking good ?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flossie

Aquarium Advice Addict
My shrimp are disgusting looking... They were added April 28th and my ammo looks like 4.0 and nitrites look like 2.0ppm how am I doing ???

I was going to add the test results but my pics won't upload :(

My shrimp are disgusting looking... They were added April 28th and my ammo looks like 4.0 and nitrites look like 2.0ppm how am I doing ???

If they're getting nasty, take 2 more (whatever you have in) add them to your tank and 12-24 hrs later pull the old ones out.

The app is all buggery boo and not working for me lol :(.

Mr. Limpet said:
If they're getting nasty, take 2 more (whatever you have in) add them to your tank and 12-24 hrs later pull the old ones out.

The app is all buggery boo and not working for me lol :(.

Oh ok awesome :) yeah they are white and gross

Oh I have three pieces of stockings with with some raw popcorn shrimp. I guess the app is messed up today.... The stockings are getting some white looking slime on them ... Eewww !! first fishless cycle.... itll be worth it though

Lol sorry I'm random

sounds awesome im doing this with brine shrimp though :) tell me how it works out sounds good so far!

allaboutfish said:
sounds awesome im doing this with brine shrimp though :) tell me how it works out sounds good so far!

Oh cool ?!! I bet that's interesting. I shall

Flossie said:
Oh ok awesome :) yeah they are white and gross

Ok I put some new shrimp in but they are floating... Is that oka? I put rocks in the last ones to make the shrimp sink... But it's really nasty and I don't wanna get my rocks out lol its probably cause its frozen but with the heater all the way up they wont be frozen long ;) do I shake the nasty of the old ones or try and get it out ???

Ok I put some new shrimp in but they are floating... Is that oka? I put rocks in the last ones to make the shrimp sink... But it's really nasty and I don't wanna get my rocks out lol its probably cause its frozen but with the heater all the way up they wont be frozen long ;) do I shake the nasty of the old ones or try and get it out ???

Did you put the fresh shrimp in a stocking or something? I'd scoop the old ones out with a net or something and get it out quick myself. just make sure if you use your net wash it in super hot water to sanitize it.

Yeah it's in a stocking... I could use a net ;) i think those rocks will have to go as well lol... I need to take them out now or wait til tomorrow ?? I just put the new ones in

Yeah it's in a stocking... I could use a net ;) i think those rocks will have to go as well lol... I need to take them out now or wait til tomorrow ?? I just put the new ones in

If there junk that falls off when you pull them no biggy IMO. I'd suggest leaving any decco you put into your tank alone until the cycle is complete. Bacteria love rocks to cling to and if you remove anything, you're potentially removing a part of the bacteria colony.

Oh it was just small rocks I put in the stockings to make the shrimp sink... I didn't want to get them out... Lol

Ewewwwwwwww lol the stocking is so gross ha ha

I put in fresh shrimp and left it in for about a day or too... i went and looked at the old shrimp stockings that are covered in white slime... thinking its time to take them out and noticed the new stockings are covered with it as well... is this good or bad??

Back
Top Bottom