Diy backround

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chilcote0328

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello we'll I'm working on building my first background. I put about a month into planning this thing and I've hit a snag. I was planning on weighting it down with nice rock I foud at a pet store but after testing in the bathtub it didn't ray down. So my next guess would permanently attaching it to the tank but not sure exactly how. I'm guessing silicone but unsure should I seal the whole back side and bottom and is there a issue people have came across with allowing so e water get in behind it will it be a better idea to seal the whole back side. Thanks for any help. The pic is the hallfway point wasn't colored yet. Ill try to get a updated pic after my awesome work place lets me leave whenever that is.

Attachments

• image-3422550753.jpg
    image-3422550753.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 66
I built a diy background and used silicone to stick it to the tank. Everywhere I read has said this is really the only way to keep them from floating. I would imagine using a few big rocks would work but I thought that might make the tank feel crowded. I also sealed off the edges of the background, though there are holes that water gets through. Only reason I sealed it was to keep little fish or fry from getting stuck behind it. No problems with it so far.

Yeah that is what i was thinking I will probably just end up sealing the whole thing back and bottom. The rock is pretty big and it doesnt hold it down so ill stick with the glue.

Back
Top Bottom