Does my betta have a disease?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TTUHoopsFans

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just noticed this yesterday out of the blue. It looks like some type of white spot on his face, above his mouth and between his eyes.

Go figure, we are leaving early tomorrow for 9 days. I did a quick google search of white spots on betta and saw "ich" in the search results. Do you think this is what he has or is it something else?

Thank you.

Attachments

• Ro 1.jpg
    Ro 1.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 42
  • Ro 2.jpg
    Ro 2.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 38
  • Ro 3.jpg
    Ro 3.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 33
  • Ro 4.jpg
    Ro 4.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 35
I'm pretty sure he doesn't have ich. As for the white spot it's hard to say what it is. Is he displaying any unusual symptoms? It's possible that he could have bumped into something. If it were my betta, I'd put in a couple of Indian Almond leaves and do a 50% water change daily to see if it cleared up.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't have ich. As for the white spot it's hard to say what it is. Is he displaying any unusual symptoms? It's possible that he could have bumped into something. If it were my betta, I'd put in a couple of Indian Almond leaves and do a 50% water change daily to see if it cleared up.

Thanks. Yeah he seems perfectly fine. I think you’re right he may have just bumped into or brushed against something in the tank.

I hope your boy is doing well and that his white spot cleared up.

Back
Top Bottom