Double check my stock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllyH

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm a first time fish keeper with a 20H tank with sand, a sponge filter and a few Marimo. I'm currently fishless cycling (just got nitrites woo!) and I'm really nervous I'm going to stock wrong and end up with dead or stressed fish.

My plan was:
6 Kuhli Loaches
1 Dwarf Gourami
5 ish Guppies
A few Ghost Shrimp
More Marimo and Java ferns surrounding some driftwood

I asked around on Tumblr and it was approved by a few fishblr bloggers but you can never be too careful! Is this okay? Would I have any issues? Do you guys have and little tweaks, suggestions, or replacements?

Thanks in advance!

Just be warned that if you get both male and females guppies you will eventually have babies which will lead two different ways- you can add lots of plants/hiding spots and let nature take its course and hope they don't get eaten or start another tank for fry. They breed often and their gestation is only 28 days so they can have babies every month. Guppies eat their own fry and the gourami will for sure if he can catch them.
If you want to avoid babies just get all males :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I was planning on all males, but do you think my stock is compatible?

I think so- assuming that there is enough ground space for the kuhlis. I don't know then as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom