Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-03-2013, 03:14 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Smile Favorite fish help

Starting to think about what fish I would like in my newly acquired 20 gal tank. I'm looking for fish that will stand out as well as fish that will swim at all levels of the tank. I would like as much of a variety as I can get out of a 20 gallon. I am open to suggestions and am interested in researching some of my other fish friends favorite fish!

Old 01-03-2013, 03:59 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Is it a 20g long or reg? I have a 20g reg that I have stocked with neons, rummynose, a honey gourami and one male German blue ram. The ram and gourami kinda go all over, although the ram generally occupies the bottom strata and the gourami the top.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:38 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Maybe a couple of Platies or Mollies? My 2 Red Platies roam all over the tank and look pretty good while they do it.
Although someone just suggested a Bolivian Ram for my new tank and they're looking like a good "focus point"...
Old 01-03-2013, 03:55 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

It is a 20 gallon regular. The ram definitely looks very cool I will have to look into that. Other fish I was considering consist of Dalmatian mollies, rainbow shark, neon tetras, glo fish, sunburst platys, red long fin tetras, and I would also like a mystery snail. This is not set in stone but more seeing if people agree on the compatibility of these fish types together in a small tank like mine.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:23 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

No shark in a 20 gallon, they get too big.

3, 20, 25, 33 Gallon FW Tanks.....For Now

Scottyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:55 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have a 20g high. I love the fish I have: 6 fancy guppies all male. 2 longfin sepra tetra, 2 short fin tetra, 2 pepper corys, 2 diamond tetras, 2 longfin skirted tetra, will be adding a german blue ram next week. I have 3 nerita snails, they do not breed! and I have a number of RCS and ghost shrimp. Everyone swims everywhere except the corys. They stay at the bottom and eat what ever they find. Good luck!
Old 01-07-2013, 08:52 PM   #7

I have a 20g high with a gbr , 5 red serpae tetras, 2 otos n a female betta... plan on addin 3 mayb 4 cories..

EDIT : Had 5 tetras .. hubby saw them nipping at the gbr n my female betta he caught them n flushed them before i got home today .. i coulda put them n another tank or summin

Tags
fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com