Freeze dried food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claireabigailq

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi everyone! I was wondering what the best brand of freeze dried bloodworms is. I was hoping I could find a good brand on amazon, I don't really like the shrimp blocks. I intend to feed them to my neon tetras ( that is when I get them), could you guys also tell me how to store them? thanks!

Freeze Dried Foods

Hi everyone! I was wondering what the best brand of freeze dried bloodworms is. I was hoping I could find a good brand on amazon, I intend to feed them to my neon tetras ( that is when I get them), could you guys also tell me how to store them? thanks!

Hello Claire...

The best food is the one with the fewest ingredients. Check the label. If you have the freeze dried animal and very little else, you'll have a food that's good for your fish. Avoid the brands with multiple ingredients. Those are generally additives that simply add to the shelf life of the product and aren't necessarily good for the fish.

B

even this has nothing to do with this thread....... how many neon tetras can I have in a 10 gallon tank? I will also have a bristlenose pleco in there.

This has nothing to do with this thread but.......... do you guys know how many neon tetras can I have in a ten gallon tank? do I have to have the same type of tetras together, could I have half neon tetras and half silvertip tetras? thanks!

Neons are active fish and prefer at least a 24" long tank for swimming and all that fun stuff.. Bn Pleco's are a bit out of the 10 gal range too..

which sinking wafer should I feed a bristlenose pleco? Tetra Veggie Algae Wafers, or Hikari sinking algae wafer

It's not always about whether they can physically fit in the tank. They need room to move around too!

They also create allot of waste you don't really want a fish bigger than 3 inches in a10 gallon in my opinion gives then plenty of swimming room maybe look into snails

They also create allot of waste you don't really want a fish bigger than 3 inches in a10 gallon in my opinion gives then plenty of swimming room maybe look into snails

This is absolutely true! I have a very small albino bristlenose and it creates more waste than all 6 of my tetras combined. Having one in a 10 gallon tank is really asking for water chemistry problems and unhealthy fish.

Mine eats Hikari algae wafers, but again I really don't recommend having one in a tank that small.

Back
Top Bottom