Help me start a new tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Update on the rio 180. The guy i bought it from claimed the pump and lights worked but when i gotnit home they didnt so i drove it straight back to him. Pitty really because the tank itself was in near new condition without a single scratch. But now ive decided to buy new and wait until march. I saw a rio 300 at 350ltrs at my lfs and loved it. So im saving up until march (my birthday)

Update on the rio 180. The guy i bought it from claimed the pump and lights worked but when i gotnit home they didnt so i drove it straight back to him. Pitty really because the tank itself was in near new condition without a single scratch. But now ive decided to buy new and wait until march. I saw a rio 300 at 350ltrs at my lfs and loved it. So im saving up until march (my birthday)

Nice one hun,yeah save up and buy brand new !!!!

Cool hun yeah get a nice new one !!

That's a shame. I wonder what would make someone try to sell useless equipment as still functional. It just makes no sense.

I have a sick cory :( he isnt floating but is having problems staying on the bottom. All my readings are 0 and i did my 30% water change afew days ago. I think its an internal problem because its not happening all the time. He seems to gulp air from the surface alot compared to my other 5. He/shes the only one with this problem. My temperature is up above 80 at the moment because im treating for ich. Im almost done and will be lowering the tank back down afer xmas... I havent had 1 bad fish yet and nothing has died or showed any signs of stress, Im wondering if hes a weak one.

I have a sick cory :( he isnt floating but is having problems staying on the bottom. All my readings are 0 and i did my 30% water change afew days ago. I think its an internal problem because its not happening all the time. He seems to gulp air from the surface alot compared to my other 5. He/shes the only one with this problem. My temperature is up above 80 at the moment because im treating for ich. Im almost done and will be lowering the tank back down afer xmas... I havent had 1 bad fish yet and nothing has died or showed any signs of stress, Im wondering if hes a weak one.

It can happen,sometimes some are stronger than others,i know cories have a broad temp range but some like cooler water or he has swimbladder problem :-( poor cory

Do you have extra aeration in the tank to compensate for the higher temp?
Is the cory eating? If so you can try feeding a thawed, deshelled frozen pea and then fast for a day or two. If it's a swim bladder issue that should fix it. I hope he gets better.

Yep ill try feeding a pee. Should be plenty for xmas dinner tomorrow. I have my airstone running to make sure enough oxygens in the water, if there was an oxygen issue the tetra would be the first to complain. Hes actually acting normal again today so its a temperary but a reacuring thing. I hope he gets better too, the corys are my fav, theyre intelligent little fish! They seem to watch me too, they seem to keep an eye on where i am lol. Just did a water change and they were all playing in the suction funnel while i was sucking out the water, the tetra n the harliquins dont come anywhere near it. Infact whenever im near or in the tank the corys go about their business and actually seem excited im in the tank.

I'm their man God lol and they know it.

Yep ill try feeding a pee. Should be plenty for xmas dinner tomorrow. I have my airstone running to make sure enough oxygens in the water, if there was an oxygen issue the tetra would be the first to complain. Hes actually acting normal again today so its a temperary but a reacuring thing. I hope he gets better too, the corys are my fav, theyre intelligent little fish! They seem to watch me too, they seem to keep an eye on where i am lol. Just did a water change and they were all playing in the suction funnel while i was sucking out the water, the tetra n the harliquins dont come anywhere near it. Infact whenever im near or in the tank the corys go about their business and actually seem excited im in the tank.

I'm their man God lol and they know it.

Good luck !!

Right my juwel rio 240 is here and its huge. I want take the internal filter out for looks and more tank space. Im thinking of buying 2 eheim 2217 classics canisters at 120each. or a different external filter or £200-250. But heard nothing but good things about the classics Or maybe even use the juwel internal with a single eheim 2217. The tank is stunning without a scratch on the glass. Hmmmmm.

Right my juwel rio 240 is here and its huge. I want take the internal filter out for looks and more tank space. Im thinking of buying 2 eheim 2217 classics canisters at 120each. or a different external filter or £200-250. But heard nothing but good things about the classics Or maybe even use the juwel internal with a single eheim 2217. The tank is stunning without a scratch on the glass. Hmmmmm.

Wow you have the fishkeeping bug,good luck setting this one up,loads more options for fish,is it goin to be a community ?

Just a quick update question to someone who knows. Ive just bought a new eheim 2217 for 110 uk pounds. Ive read mixed review saying its more than enough for a 65 USgallon, where other say it isnt. Ill upload more pictures of the filter and the tank later this week. The tank is in the garage full of water to test for leaks.

Maybe ive been reading topics on freah vs salt. Because salt water needs more filtration right?
And other things like what fish, weather its planted and stock levels. Ive basically answered my own question lol.

I really dont want to keep the internal but i can get the media for 20quid! The internal in the juwel rekord 700 is actually good and the water polishing is great! I obviously already have the filter box, heater and the pump. Im stuck mmmmmmmmmmmm

*Sorry, i have decided that i now want to keep cichlids. I have started a new post in the cichlid threads part of the forum*

Back
Top Bottom