Help me start a new tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My pristella are spawned but the eggs get eaten:( i dont really want more tetra anyway because i have enough and my tank isnt big enough for anymore. Its still upsetting though.

Ive had tertras,black neons which were v.timid,altho they did swim about they like to lull about under plants,which i gather thats what they do.
Ive had black phantoms which are nice looking fish,and the males have harmless mock battles,i ended up with 2 males and.2 females so they got harrassed a bit,should have a bigger tank for those as they were bigger than i thought,so thats my expereince with tetras.the 4 i had left my lfs took them as they really needed big groups so thats when i swapped them for another species,hope they settle !!!

Theyre getting better by the day :)

Right so i think its time i add some live food for them. Whats beat for tetra. Bloodworms seem alittle big?

Theyre getting better by the day :)

Right so i think its time i add some live food for them. Whats beat for tetra. Bloodworms seem alittle big?

Good :),i think bloodworma will be fine,from when i had a look at you fish they look decent size and my black phantoms used to eat them ok.
Daphnia is another good one

Well ive worked out that 5 of my rosys are female with one big male. Lucky guy.

Well i still have my only lonely cory,as im wanting my crowntail Betta,but i got re-cycled and now i have a 0.25 ammo spike,and i found out its my PH too low,ive always had problem with it and low PH may be causing my BB to die off a bit :-(,ive been advised to add a small amount of crushed coral which a bag of is arriving tomorrow,im just glad i know how to get a stable PH,so my Betta may well now have to wait until after Xmas,but i want water to be spot on for him

Well as pretty as the rosy tetra are theyre going back tomorrow 100%. They just wont settle and are bullying each other and my pristella. Maybe its the batch i got and where they were raised. It changed the whole dynamic of my tank. Lemon tetra to replace them i think, but ill have a look tomorrow. Rummy nosed tetra maybe.

The lfs i go to actually kept the pristella with silver tip tetra and theyd school together. I know silver tip can be known to be nippy but because theyve been raised with pristella i think they will get on well together. So thats what im gona get. I want peace!!

Well as pretty as the rosy tetra are theyre going back tomorrow 100%. They just wont settle and are bullying each other and my pristella. Maybe its the batch i got and where they were raised. It changed the whole dynamic of my tank. Lemon tetra to replace them i think, but ill have a look tomorrow. Rummy nosed tetra maybe.

So they didn't settle !! The little horrors ;-),well if its chaos in tank,then instead of enjoy your tank and fish it unsettles you so maybe you are better off swapping,rummynoses are lovely,i had a few once but it was when i waa naive at beginning and tank was too small for them good luck let us know what you get

The lfs i go to actually kept the pristella with silver tip tetra and theyd school together. I know silver tip can be known to be nippy but because theyve been raised with pristella i think they will get on well together. So thats what im gona get. I want peace!!

Silver tips are nice too !!!

Got some harliquin rasp. Tiny little things lol but nice. Everyone is playing together already :D NO aggression what so ever. Its the best decision i ever made taking those rosies back. Got some baby peppered corys aswell and my tank is now complete. The tanks i got both the harliquins and corys out of were bare. I know they are happy and if theyre happy, so am i!!!!

Got some harliquin rasp. Tiny little things lol but nice. Everyone is playing together already :D NO aggression what so ever. Its the best decision i ever made taking those rosies back. Got some baby peppered corys aswell and my tank is now complete. The tanks i got both the harliquins and corys out of were bare. I know they are happy and if theyre happy, so am i!!!!

Oh thats brill harlequins are lovely and corydoras are fab catfish,great characters and they swim about as well as being on bottom :) send a pic i would like to see !!

Im UK. My harliquins colours are changing slightly. Theyre becoming slightly metalic. They look great though. Infact if you look closely its getting a metalic purple tinge to them. Looks extremely beautiful but should it be happening?

Im UK. My harliquins colours are changing slightly. Theyre becoming slightly metalic. They look great though. Infact if you look closely its getting a metalic purple tinge to them. Looks extremely beautiful but should it be happening?

Hi im UK too.:).
Yeah as they settle in they will colour up nice if they happy,i think they are really attractive fish,if i had a bigger tank i would have some :)
Saying that if i ever did another tank it would be probably a 20 gallon species only tank of tiger barbs,ive always loves them,they look fab in a group !!!

Im hooked. Im getting another tank in march. As big as i can afford but at least 50 UK gallons.

Oh wow,bet you will have fun with that,unfortunately i have not room for another tank esp a big one,i may change my 10 gallon for a 20 gallon one day,im happy though with my 10 gall,looking forward to getting my Betta :)

molliwopp said:
Im hooked. Im getting another tank in march. As big as i can afford but at least 50 UK gallons.

The hobby is quite addicting isn't it? I have a 30g community tank with:
1 albino pleco, 1 ballon Molly, 2 adult platy's, 2 platy fry, 6 serpae tetras, 3 black skirt tetras, 3 bronze cories, 2 peppered cories, and 2 Bolivian rams.
I will be taking one of my Bolivians and my black skirts back to LFS tomorrow, the Bolivians have been attacking each other (which came as a shock because I've had them since last Friday and they got along perfectly until last night). Even after I re arranged plants and decor the problems
Are still there. It's only one ram going after the other, one ram is completely peaceful and doesn't bother anyone. I also have another 30g and a 55g (still need a hood and stand for the 55) that I'm fighting the urge to set up lol.

My rasbora get more beautiful by the day. They have a metalic blue/purple lining over them. So beautiful!!! It may be the new life spectrum i feed my fish. My pristella have changed and become darker since ive had them too. I may buy some more harliquins for my tank this weekend, but only 2 or 3 more. After reading up and looking at pictures i now know i have a morph species. Blue rasbora.

My rasbora get more beautiful by the day. They have a metalic blue/purple lining over them. So beautiful!!! It may be the new life spectrum i feed my fish. My pristella have changed and become darker since ive had them too. I may buy some more harliquins for my tank this weekend, but only 2 or 3 more. After reading up and looking at pictures i now know i have a morph species. Blue rasbora.

Oh cool,very nice !!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom