help stocking a 5.5 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
398008001 said:
As a 5.5 tank is really small your choices are few
However i think you might want to try Danios. i had kept four danios in a five gallon tank for a year. A five gallon is so small! i didnt have any heating and they were fine. They are quite hardy and you wont any baby problems
although i must add that everyone has there own opinions about the fish that can go in a five gallon tank. Maybe guppies also.

Yeah, my opinion is way different. While they may be "hardy" and capable of surviving, Danios are very active and should have plenty of swim room. I have some in my 10 gallon QT right now, and IMO...they even seem cramped in there.

There's dozens of danio species so I think some clarification is in order. If it's the common zebra danio then yeah, 5.5 is way too small, but celestial pearl danios would be fine in a 5.5.

You're right, I'm jumping to assumptions...just when I hear "hardy" and simply Danio...I think Zebras, Leopards, Glofish, etc...

I'm guessing thats what the poster was talking about, and if so, Max...I recommend against it.

I just picked up the fluval Chi today and plan on getting a Betta for it once I also get a heater. Its only 5gal or 19 liters with a fairly small surface area due to its shape so I think I will stick with just the Betta and maybe a snail. Not really big enough for much else but I guess you could go with some small white cloud mountain minnows. They would probably work and do not require a heater.

Back
Top Bottom